This is a superb opportunity to join an ambitious and high profile Grimsby firm situated just outside of the Top 100 UK Law firms.
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a corporate & commercial solicitor to work alongside noted partners and senior associates.
The role will suit an aspiring corporate & commercial solicitor who is looking to gain more responsibility and prove themselves in an established team and firm.
The successful candidate will be involved in corporate matters, including share and business acquisitions and sales, MBOs, rights issues, fundraising, restructuring, reorganisations and corporate governance, as well as commercial work, such as drafting and negotiating contracts (including framework agreements, supply and purchase contracts, software licences, franchise agreements) and advising on GDPR and Intellectual Property issues.
Duties will include:
- providing support and assistance under the supervision and guidance of senior colleagues in a busy and developing department
- taking responsibility for due diligence and disclosure, including supervising more junior colleagues in data room management
- delegating work as appropriate to more junior colleagues and overseeing supervision of that work (offering guidance where appropriate) to ensure the quality of work produced by the department is of the highest standard
- taking an active involvement in business development activities organised by the department, division and firm
- dealing promptly with enquiries from potential clients, colleagues and existing clients to ensure that all business opportunities are dealt with professionally and to the satisfaction of the client or enquirer
- achieving both individual and team financial targets as agreed with the Department Head or Branch Partner
- identifying and following up new business opportunities
You will have trained and gained experience at a comparable city or large regional firm and have excellent client relationship and networking skills. The firm will consider any level of qualified solicitor.
Applications from relocators will be considered, however you should be able to demonstrate a commitment to live and work in the area.
Shortlisting now for this exciting corporate & commercial solicitor role in Grimsby, offering first-class work and a brilliant client base.
For more information about this role and to apply, please contact Andrew Cookson at G2 Legal on 0121 609 1069 or forward an up to date copy of your CV.
PQE, years of experience and salary levels are shown purely as a guide. We will consider applications from candidates that can demonstrate the skills or experience required for this role.