My client is a forward-thinking Legal 100 firm seeking a junior to mid-level intellectual property associate with 2-5 years' PQE to join the well-established team in Manchester.
The role will involve working closely with the partners and would suit a professional looking for excellent career progression prospects with active involvement in business development.
This Manchester based intellectual property associate role sits within the Litigation Team and will offer the chance to work in multiple sectors with a particular focus on fashion and retail. The firm offers the chance for you to strengthen your experience in copyright, trademarks, designs and patents.
Duties will include:
- contentious IP work which will vary with client demands
- commercial litigation e.g. breach of contract disputes
- maintaining the confidence of an interesting, demanding and complex client group
- maintaining the highest level of organisation and systematic working so that all deadlines are met whilst new work is also absorbed
- business development and working closely with the partners and becoming a key contact with clients
- strong technical and hands-on experience of litigation, with a solid understanding of procedures
- the ability to adapt to a fast-paced environment
- excellent technical knowledge
- the ability to lead small IP projects
- the willingness to support large IP projects
- experience in business development and a desire to expand this further
- excellent academics including a 2:1 or equivalent
- the right to work in the UK
- experience of IP law within private practice
- commercially aware
- 2-5 years' PQE
For more information about this role and to apply, please contact Antony Setford at G2 Legal on 0207 649 9298 or forward an up to date copy of your CV.
PQE, years of experience and salary levels are shown purely as a guide. We will consider applications from candidates that can demonstrate the skills or experience required for this role.