A leading law firm is currently looking to recruit a solicitor for their Risk and Compliance team based in Manchester City Centre. This is a newly created position for the firm, you will be given the space to manage your own workload and work flexibly and/or on a part-time basis.
Working in an established team within the firm, you will be in a non-fee earning role with limit client contact. You will be able to avail yourself of basic admin support from within the team to assist you in managing claims and complaints made against the firm.
A minimum of 3 to 5 years' PQE, Experienced in civil litigation (a working knowledge of the Protocol for professional negligence an advantage but not essential), having managed your own caseload with minimal supervision. Meticulous in your approach, with excellent analytical and communication skills.
- Triage of new internal notifications of complaints and claims, including making informed decisions on whether matters should be escalated to formal complaints or are notifiable to our insurers.
- Acting as a point of contact for our external solicitors where they are appointed on claims.
- Preparing advice to the firm on the merits of claims or circumstances, including strategies for responding to them, drafting responses, Part 36 offers, settlement agreements and any other documents or correspondence as necessary;
- Where claims or circumstances are retained in-house, progressing the matters in line with strategies agreed with the Head of Risk and Compliance
- Managing the firm’s internal records of complaints and claims and analysing the data for trends, lessons learnt and corrective action.
- Providing training across the firm, to include induction training for new joiners and additional training firm-wide as required as a result of any identified issues/training needs
- Ensure Standard Operating Procedures remain current and implement revisions as necessary
- Assisting the Head of Risk and Compliance with additional reporting, analysis, advice, project work and other ad hoc responsibilities as required.
- Supporting the work to achieve annual accreditation against the Law Society’s legal practice quality mark, Lexcel.
Apply now for this risk and compliance solicitor role based in Manchester.
For more information about this role and to apply, please contact Gemma Taylor at G2 Legal on 0161 207 2000 or forward an up to date copy of your CV.
PQE, years of experience and salary levels are shown purely as a guide. We will consider applications from candidates that can demonstrate the skills or experience required for this role.