Our client is one of the UK's leading full service law firms, with offices in Reading, London and the South East region. It provides clients with practical and straightforward legal advice whatever its regional, national and international requirements. The firm is seeking a corporate commercial solicitor with 2+ years' PQE to join the Commercial and Corporate Transactions Team.
The Corporate Department provides corporate advice to a number of listed companies, including those in the FTSE AIM 100 index and the FTSE 250. The team deals with an interesting portfolio of high quality corporate commercial work. You will be given exposure to work involving an array of clients within the automotive healthcare, not for profit/education, procurement, renewables, software/technology and support services.
The firm is seeking applicants who have the following skills in some of the areas listed below, as there will be a wide variety of quality work:
- M&A experience
- management and institutional buy-outs/ins
- private equity
- corporate governance/restructuring/regulatory issues
- international transactions and joint ventures
- ability to assimilate information and analyse it accurately
- understanding of "technical terms" in the specific area of work
- drafting ability to produce documents
- regulations which outlaw unfair terms between businesses and consumers
- laws prohibiting anti-competitive agreements
- requirements for contracts involving credit agreements
- rules on data protection and freedom of information
- e-commerce and distance selling rules
This role would suit a corporate commercial solicitor with previous experience or a training contract solicitor working with a larger commercial practice or a small firm known for its corporate work.
You will also have the opportunity to work alongside some key figures in the corporate & commercial legal field in the South East region.
To apply with your CV for this role based in Reading, please email Gayle Woolf.
For more information about this role and to apply, please contact Gayle Woolf at G2 Legal on 01273 289000 or forward an up to date copy of your CV.
PQE, years of experience and salary levels are shown purely as a guide. We will consider applications from candidates that can demonstrate the skills or experience required for this role.