A highly regarded, Top 50 firm is seeking an experienced bids manager to join the offices in central Nottingham.
As the firm's Bids Manager, you will report directly to the Bids Lead to help transform the firm's approach to bids and other sales matters, whilst working with the other relevant teams.
- managing and developing the bid process
- working closely with Risk Team, Finance Team and other support teams to ensure compliance and profitable client offers
- developing supporting technology with the Digital Manager
- coaching presenters and partners to consider client issues and solutions to address these to achieve success
- undertaking appropriate client research, including client scoping, and using relevant information to strategically advise lawyers
- ensuring client and sector issues are identified and effectively addressed, drawing upon the knowledge of the BD and legal teams
- managing tender debriefs by telephone or face to face where possible and written feedback for both wins and losses
- auditing and analysing existing brochures across all sectors, including purpose and usage
- improving the use of storytelling and appropriate use of client feedback
- working with the L&D advisor to deliver pitch training needs across the business
- measuring effectiveness (output/ROI) rather than activity and feeding back subsequent recommendations
- cross-selling profitable work to current clients and communicating the availability of specific products
Essential experience includes:
- a minimum of 5 years' experience of the bid and tender process within a professional services environment
- an extensive knowledge of scoping, pitching, coaching for verbal presentations, debriefing clients and using analysis of performance to drive improvement
- a confidence and credibility to influence and manage key stakeholders
- an experience in liaising with a finance team to propose appropriate pricing options
- the flexibility to occasionally spend time in other offices when needed
To be considered for this bids manager opportunity with a national, Legal 500 firm in central Nottingham, it is essential that you meet the above criteria. Due to a high volume of applications, only those who do so can be contacted at this time.
For more information about this role and to apply, please contact Nina Gibbs at G2 Legal on 0121 609 1069 or forward an up to date copy of your CV.
PQE, years of experience and salary levels are shown purely as a guide. We will consider applications from candidates that can demonstrate the skills or experience required for this role.