My client is a high profile national firm with an outstanding corporate law offering and they wish to bring in a corporate law solicitor at NQ–4 years' PQE to join their thriving team in Nottingham.
The client base you will work with is excellent and you will also have the benefit of working with respected partners and senior associates who have serviced blue-chip companies and leading organisations for some time.
The firm offers a platform for you to develop and creates opportunities for you to grow within the firm.
At this key time in your development, it’s vital that you have the support of colleagues and pick up excellent technical skills. This move will secure that for you.
The team often work on matters which can worth up to £50m in value.
You will provide a high quality service to clients on the full range of corporate matters and support to a busy partner dealing with transactional and non-transactional matters.
As a corporate law solicitor, your key duties will include:
- working alongside senior lawyers to provide assistance on all aspects of corporate and also some commercial work
- assisting with company secretarial services, including preparation of board minutes, Companies House forms and other ancillary documents
- assisting on large complex deals with appropriate supervision, and also building up your own caseload of straightforward matters
- handling enquiries efficiently
- liaising with clients in a professional manner
- working to strict deadlines
Skills and experience you will have:
- up to 4 years’ previous experience gained dealing in Corporate matters within a law firm (for Newly Qualified candidates, significant relevant experience gained during your training contract is essential)
- strong IT skills
- the ability to manage files effectively
Key competencies you will need:
- a desire to specialise in this area of law
- a desire to enhance client relationships through day-to-day activity
- excellent communication skills
- a high degree of initiative and the ability to cope in a demanding environment
- excellent organisational and prioritising skills
- the ability to work in a busy team
About you – you will be:
- highly enthusiastic, willing to go the extra mile and be happy to go beyond the job description
- respectful towards others and have a positive, willing and ‘can do’ attitude
- keen to learn, interested in driving your own career progression and be proactive in taking ownership of this
Applications from relocators will be considered, however, you should be able to live and work in the Nottingham area.
For more information about this role and to apply, please contact Dante Friend at G2 Legal on 0121 609 1069 or forward an up to date copy of your CV.
PQE, years of experience and salary levels are shown purely as a guide. We will consider applications from candidates that can demonstrate the skills or experience required for this role.