An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced costs negotiator with at least 2 years’ experience of costs negotiation to join a well-respected law firm in Manchester. You will be handling a variety of claims for costs covering a mixture of personal injury claims including motor, casualty and catastrophic injury.
The firm is based in Manchester and offers long term training, supervision and support with a 35 hour week flexible hours between 7am and 6pm, plus an excellent benefits package.
As a costs negotiator, your duties will include:
- Running and managing a caseload of 100-150 costs files including drafting and negotiating budgets and preparation/consideration of associated documents, drafting and consideration of bills including e-bills and summary of costs statements, drafting of points of dispute and general costs negotiations, advising clients.
- Ensuring that all cases are dealt with in compliance with Solicitors’ Accounts Rules and Law Society Practice Management Standards.
- Ensuring effective case management, compliance with internal and external service standard requirements.
- Ensuring the production of high-quality work on own files and any other files where assistance or cover is provided.
- Attending court on costs hearings.
- Liaising with clients as appropriate.
- Assisting partners and senior fee earners with complex cases.
For more information about this role and to apply, please contact Gemma Taylor at G2 Legal on 0161 207 2000 or forward an up to date copy of your CV.
PQE, years of experience and salary levels are shown purely as a guide. We will consider applications from candidates that can demonstrate the skills or experience required for this role.