This Accounts Team based in Oxford provides advice and guidance on internal accounts procedures. They are looking for a team member who can deliver a proactive accounts service to the legal teams.
They are interested to hear from applicants who are available to work full time. A legal cashier maintains the client and nominal ledgers, handles banking, raising cheques and maintaining petty cash.
Accuracy is important, as is the ability to work quickly and efficiently.
Knowledge of the Solicitors Accounts Rules is essential in this role.
Duties will include:
- Processing electronic payments using on-line banking systems
- Allocation and posting of inward payments into bank accounts
- Office and client banking
- Office and client cheque posting & processing
- Allocation and posting of searches
- Posting of time and disbursement transfers and write-offs
- Dealing with general queries and issues relating to accounts
- Opening/closing and administering designated deposit accounts
- General administration, scanning and filing
- Other accounts duties as required.
- Knowledge and experience of Solicitors Accounts Rules
- Solid experience in a legal accounts team dealing with varied jobs
- Able to work under pressure at times and as part of a large team
- Experience of using online banking systems
- Able to deal with electronic payments, banking and cheque production
- Banking & Direct Credits
- Processing Cheques
- Electronic payments & receipts
- Knowledge of SAR.
If you are an experienced legal cashier who is keen to make a positive contribution to a growing department in Oxford then apply for this role now!
Financial reward is based on a competitive market rate salary package, pension and various firm-wide bonus schemes.
For more information about this role and to apply, please contact Gayle Woolf at G2 Legal on 01273 289000 or forward an up to date copy of your CV.
PQE, years of experience and salary levels are shown purely as a guide. We will consider applications from candidates that can demonstrate the skills or experience required for this role.