Are you an experienced clinical negligence solicitor? Looking to take a step back from fee-earning?
As a professional development lawyer at this highly-regarded, Top 50 firm in Nottingham, you will act as the Health Advisory & Litigation group's central resource for research and know-how. You will be responsible for enhancing and implementing their strategic objectives, as well as researching, reporting and advising on developments within clinical negligence. This is a 12-month fixed term contract role.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Drafting, reviewing and updating precedents, practice notes, toolkits, clause banks and all other forms of know-how documents
- Gather relevant insights from fee-earners, reviewing and making it available to the wider group
- Working with the Director and wider Professional Development team to help develop a firm-wide system where all practice group know-how is maintained - you will structure, classify and maintain all clinical negligence know-how on this system
- Working with the Library and IS team to identify the external knowledge resources (legal and business-based)
- Developing, and potentially delivering, training for all members of the Health Advisory & Litigation team
- Organising and leading project debriefs to ensure that key knowledge areas, new developments and the practical knowledge and experience of the group is shared
- Highlighting important developments in the Health Advisory & Litigation sector and the practical implications for fee-earners that flow from them
- Assisting fee-earners with technical queries and helping them use the firm’s resources to aid their own research
- Assisting with knowledge-related business development and other relevant client-facing activities.
This is a full or part-time position and is a fantastic opportunity for you to join one of the UK's leading regional law firms whilst still being able to maintain a great work/life balance. You are able to take a step back from the pressurised, target-driven side of fee-earning whilst still being able to utilise your specialist clinical negligence knowledge and technical ability.
To be considered for this professional development lawyer opportunity at a Top 50 firm in central Nottingham, you must be at least 7 years' PQE within a relevant area of law.
G2 Legal is a legal recruitment company recruiting in Nottinghamshire. Visit our website for more jobs or contact Nina Gibbs on 0121 609 1069 today.
For more information about this role and to apply, please contact Nina Gibbs at G2 Legal on 0121 609 1069 or forward an up to date copy of your CV.
PQE, years of experience and salary levels are shown purely as a guide. We will consider applications from candidates that can demonstrate the skills or experience required for this role.