An outstanding opportunity has arisen at a renowned UK property developer company for a tenacious, driven, UK qualified solicitor to act as their first hire as a general counsel in Essex.
The ideal candidate will be technically and commercially astute, capable of advising on a wide range of contentious and non-contentious construction and property development matters. Experience of working in-house for a house builder would be advantageous but is not a pre-requisite. However, excellent interpersonal, problem solving, technical and analytical skills are essential.
Duties in this role will include:
- Providing commercial advice to the business and their subcontractors
- Reviewing and negotiating contracts/terms of business/letter of agreements
- Managing contentious matters including dispute resolution via mediation/adjudication/arbitration/litigation
- Reviewing insurance policies
- Maintaining current knowledge of legal developments and legislation
- Ensuring compliance with established policies, legal requirements, rules, regulations and laws
- Providing solutions for legal problems and potential risks
- Maintaining strong internal and external relationships with consultants/subcontractors.
In return, you will be offered exciting and challenging project work, autonomy and professional development at a market leading and award winning public company.
Should you wish to find out more about this general counsel role in Essex, please apply now to be considered, or get in touch with Rosie Gunn. 0207 649 9298.
G2 Legal is a legal recruitment company recruiting in Essex. Visit our website for more jobs or contact Rosie Gunn on 0207 649 9298 today.
For more information about this role and to apply, please contact Rosie Gunn at G2 Legal on 0207 649 9298 or forward an up to date copy of your CV.
PQE, years of experience and salary levels are shown purely as a guide. We will consider applications from candidates that can demonstrate the skills or experience required for this role.