An award-winning Manchester law firm is currently looking to recruit an experienced senior legal cashier to assist the Legal Accounts Team on the billing side. You will be required to have previous legal accounts experience preferably from a billing background.
The firm is based in Manchester and is offering a competitive salary banding, flexible working and an excellent benefits package including 25 days holiday, private healthcare, bonus scheme, subsidised gym membership and a relaxed dress code.
As a senior legal cashier, you will be required to assist the supervisors with training and mentoring new starters, providing cover for the supervisors during absences and at busy periods.
- Processing of financial transactions using our accounts package SOS for both client and office ledgers
- Processing bills for specific clients, ensuring all company and departmental deadlines are met and that all bills are processed in line with client SLA’s
- Produce weekly billing report for EUI
- Management of invoices and other transactional documentation
- Providing timely information to other members of the Accounts team and the wider firm
- Dealing with queries from outside the department and maintaining a good working relationship inside and outside of the firm
- Adhering to the Solicitors Accounts Rules
- Building knowledge and continued experience of other roles within the Transactional Finance Team
- Understand and learn the process for the weekly Recoveries Reports with a view to covering in supervisor absences
- Assisting the Billing Team Supervisor in reviewing billing processes and liaising with fee earners and Department Heads with a view to making improvements to processes
- Process the Daily Transfer Journal when covering for the Supervisors
- Understand how to distribute the emails from the various mailboxes and provide cover when needed
- Processing and uploading of supplier BACS report to HSBSnet when covering for supervisors.
G2 Legal is a legal recruitment company recruiting in Greater Manchester. Visit our website for more jobs or contact Gemma Taylor on 0161 207 2000 today.
For more information about this role and to apply, please contact Gemma Taylor at G2 Legal on 0161 207 2000 or forward an up to date copy of your CV.
PQE, years of experience and salary levels are shown purely as a guide. We will consider applications from candidates that can demonstrate the skills or experience required for this role.