An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced law costs draftsman to join a well respected and award winning law firm in Birkenhead.
You will be required to have a minimum of 3 years' experience and experience of preparing New Electronic Bills is essential. You will be required to have knowledge of CPR and Case law with a track record of dealing with high-value Multi-Track cases.
This role is working within the firm's Technical Costs Team based in Birkenhead, predominately with RTA cases. The firm is offering a competitive salary banding plus benefits package.
As a law costs draftsman, your duties will include:
- Drafting of bills of costs (Electronic & Paper)
- Preparing Precedent H Budgets
- Dealing with Part 8 matters
- Dealing with Fixed Costs Disputes
- Drafting Estimates of Costs
- Preparing Points of Dispute/Replies
- Negotiating costs generally with own caseload
- Taking files to Provisional/Detailed Assessment
- Preparing N260 Costs Schedules
- Attending hearings including Detailed Assessments and CCM
- Provide costs advice/guidance to fee earners as and when required
- Complete post Assessment work including agreeing on figures and concluding Assessment process.
For more information about this role and to apply, please contact Gemma Taylor at G2 Legal on 0161 207 2000 or forward an up to date copy of your CV.
PQE, years of experience and salary levels are shown purely as a guide. We will consider applications from candidates that can demonstrate the skills or experience required for this role.