This successful, national law firm is people focused and pride themselves on being a progressive, forward-thinking employer, offering flexibility and opportunity to progress your career.
They are a mixed practice and have a strong Court of Protection Department which they are currently looking to expand.
Based in Leeds, they are looking for a committed Court of Protection paralegal to join the team.
You will come from a Court of Protection, private client or litigation background and have previous paralegal experience. Ideally, you will also have experience of using the Legal Aid Agency portal, CCMS.
- Drafting letters, preparation of file notes, telephones notes and other correspondence;
- Liaising with a variety of professionals including courts, other parties, local authorities, police forces, healthcare providers, expert witnesses, financial institutions, care providers and other third parties by phone, email and letter;
- Drafting applications to the Legal Aid Agency and monitoring progress;
- Drafting court documents;
- Diary management to include arranging client meetings and making enquiries as to available counsel, experts and other parties;
- Attending meetings with fee earners and taking notes;
- Attending court with counsel and taking notes;
- Reviewing disclosure;
- Opening new case files and maintaining files up to date;
- Scanning post and other documents to a case management system and filing;
- Preparing bundles;
- Collating enclosures for post;
- Liaising with the accounts team to process payments and assist with interim billing;
- Closing and archiving completed files;
- Performing other office duties as required.
In return, you will have the opportunity for career progression and support through training. This firm offers a friendly, flexible and positive culture based on teamwork with no micro-managing, and a well run and secure business where you can work with confidence.
If you meet the above criteria and would like to be considered for this Court of Protection paralegal role based in Leeds, please apply directly via the link below.
For further information on this Court of Protection paralegal role, please contact Rachael Atherton. 0113 254 9296.
For more information about this role and to apply, please contact Rachael Atherton at G2 Legal on 0113 254 9296 or forward an up to date copy of your CV.
PQE, years of experience and salary levels are shown purely as a guide. We will consider applications from candidates that can demonstrate the skills or experience required for this role.