An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced conveyancing legal assistant to join a well-respected, award winning, full service law firm within their Stockport office.
As a conveyancing legal assistant, you will be required to have a minimum of 6 months' residential conveyancing experience and will also be expected to use a high degree of self-management and initiative to ensure the smooth running of the support functions within the team.
The firm is based in Stockport and offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
- Attend clients both in person and on the telephone
- Open new files through the case management system and prepare initial correspondence and documents
- Deal with all post-completion procedures to ensure that transactions are correctly registered with the Land Registry, that file balances are speedily distributed, and that files are swiftly closed and archived
- Arrange for all tasks such as copying, scanning, binding as required by the fee earner
- Liaising with clients, solicitors and estate agents and other third parties to ensure all files can be initiated proactively
- Accurately entering data on the case management system
- Responding to correspondence on the files using the milestones on the case management system
- Dealing with phone calls from clients, estate agents and other third parties
- Issuing complex Sale Contract Packs, including Probate and Unregistered Properties
- Identifying and obtaining missing documentation from a review of a file
- Being able to deal with sale enquiries
- Checking a title for a freehold property.
For more information about this role and to apply, please contact Gemma Taylor at G2 Legal on 0161 207 2000 or forward an up to date copy of your CV.
PQE, years of experience and salary levels are shown purely as a guide. We will consider applications from candidates that can demonstrate the skills or experience required for this role.