A leading award-winning law firm based in the heart of Liverpool city centre is currently looking to recruit an experienced Knowledge & Information Officer, you will be responsible for managing the firm's library management system, (LMS), and the hard copy collections for the UK offices including maintenance and procurement.
The Knowledge & Information Officer will also provide tailored and in-depth business and legal research service to internal clients.
The firm has a fantastic reputation within the legal industry, offer competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package.
You will be required to have extensive knowledge of information systems and external research databases and be able to utilise and analyse the resulting information to provide customised information and reports on clients, sectors and other topics.
Occasional travel to the London office will be required as part of this role.
- Provide detailed and tailored analysis and information summaries on clients, sectors, geographies and topics. This will include competitor analysis and providing company profiles for pitches and existing clients
- Promote, advise and assist with legal and business current awareness to support the legal practices, clients and the firm's strategy, suggesting appropriate alerts and curating searches
- Act as a trusted advisor to the business building relationships with key stakeholders / internal clients
- Liaise and actively question internal clients to ascertain information requirements and agree deadlines, maintaining and updating team workflow records to reflect current status
- Work collaboratively with team members to manage enquiry workflow, ensuring work is delivered to deadline, accurate, tailored to the enquiry, and has a consistent approach
- Utilise and promote internal data, subscription databases and publicly available sources for research and analysis and the benefit of the business
- Provide legal research and resource recommendations to fee earners including case law, legislation and points of law enquiries
- Deliver information in the appropriate format and application, creating and adapting templates as appropriate
- Provide guidance to others conducting basic research in the business
Collection Development / Procurement
- Regularly review publication lists in reference to existing collection(s), advising budget managers / Professional Support Lawyers (PSLs) as appropriate
- Place orders with suppliers and catalogue materials consistently using the firm's classifications in the LMS
- Work with the KBI Administrator to ensure out of date materials are archived/labelled appropriately
- Use knowledge of hard copy and online resources to advise on collections
- Assess information resources to ensure they are providing value to the business
- Manage journal subscription procurement including LMS records and renewal surveys with support from KBI Administrator
- Manage invoice payment process for KBI resources, allocating to appropriate budget codes and accurately updating in KBI budget
- Ensure all invoices are received and processed in a timely manner
- Support the Business Intelligence Manager with the procurement and renewal processes of KBI resources
- Create and deliver bespoke training on research offering and relevant knowledge and information resources to existing staff and new starters face to face and remotely
- Deliver regular KBI induction sessions to new starters in London remotely
- Proactively offer and co-ordinate external training with information providers
- Organise and deliver KBI training day for annual trainee intake
- Continuously knowledge share with KBI team in London and Liverpool
- Proactively extract maximum value from internal and external resources
- Hold an active role in ad hoc projects which may include information subscription evaluations and migrations or working on the firm's client data
- Work closely with and provide feedback for the KBI Administrator (based in London)
- Any other duties as may reasonably be expected which are in keeping with the skill and seniority as displayed by the role holder
G2 Legal is a legal recruitment company recruiting in Merseyside. Visit our website for more jobs or contact Gemma Taylor on 0161 207 2000 today.
For more information about this role and to apply, please contact Gemma Taylor at G2 Legal on 0161 207 2000 or forward an up to date copy of your CV.
PQE, years of experience and salary levels are shown purely as a guide. We will consider applications from candidates that can demonstrate the skills or experience required for this role.