This firm is a leading provider of legal services to the health, social care and housing sectors, as well as in the field of professional discipline, and is recruiting an advisory and inquests solicitor for its office in Leeds.
The Clinical Law Advisory and Inquests Team comprises over 30 fee earners and carries out a wide range of work which includes advising on health law queries, regulatory matters, public law issues, judicial reviews, mental health issues, clinical risk management and inquests.
The firm is seeking a self-motivated and ambitious solicitor or barrister to join its highly regarded team in Leeds. The successful candidate will be expected to be a confident and experienced solicitor or barrister who has gained around 3 years’ experience of healthcare and inquest law, including advocacy.
This role will involve advising on issues such as:
- Inquests - representing NHS bodies and private providers.
- Serious incident investigations and inquiries - dealing with obligations in respect of both internal and external investigations and inquiries.
- Patient issues - considering issues in respect of consent to treatment, capacity queries, continuing care and funding of treatment.
- Information law - the application of the DPA, GDPR, FOIA and information governance processes.
- Public law issues - both the powers which NHS bodies have and challenges to the use of those powers by way of judicial review.
- General queries - providing advice to clients over numerous different health law issues.
The work includes dealing with some of the most important and politically sensitive cases for the NHS. The successful advisory and inquests solicitor will, therefore, need to be a confident individual who is dynamic, self-motivated and able to develop the skills to work with very senior NHS management.
Please apply directly via the link or contact Rachael Atherton for further information on this advisory and inquests solicitor role. 0113 254 9296.
For more information about this role and to apply, please contact Rachael Atherton at G2 Legal on 0113 254 9296 or forward an up to date copy of your CV.
PQE, years of experience and salary levels are shown purely as a guide. We will consider applications from candidates that can demonstrate the skills or experience required for this role.