A well-regarded, commercial law firm is looking for an experienced HR manager to join their office in Leicester.
Due to the continued growth of the business, the firm is seeking an HR manager to be responsible for the day-to-day management and operations of the human resource function.
The successful HR manager will assist several department heads with personnel management and address any HR needs. You will be a direct report of the Managing Partner and will both support and implement the firm's HR strategy.
As an HR manager, you will be involved in end-to-end business and employee relations, which includes:
- On-boarding for employees, including inductions, assessments and appraisals
- Reviewing and writing HR policies and procedures, as well as employee contracts
- Advising on maternity, paternity, adoption and parental leave
- Ensuring compliance with employment contracts, policies, procedures and the law, including absence and holiday management, as well as disciplinary, capability and grievance procedures
- Advising directors and department heads on HR policies and practice
- Conducting recruitment campaigns, interviews and advising on selection and appointment of staff.
As they are Lexcel accredited, the firm takes a thorough and diligent approach to risk management. As an HR manager, you will organise and conduct training exercises in relation to our wider operational procedures, as well as managing employee personal development plans.
As a commercial law firm, the role holder will be able to call on our client-facing Employment Law department for additional support as required, as well as the wider management team.
To be considered for this HR manager opportunity in Leicester, it is essential that you have at least 2 years' experience as an HR Manager with a minimum of 5 years' in HR. You must also have the confidence and capability to deal with any conflicts and employee relation issues. Experience working in the legal sector is highly advantageous but not essential.
The firm can also offer free, on-site parking and a competitive salary.
For more information about this role and to apply, please contact Nina Gibbs at G2 Legal on 0121 609 1069 or forward an up to date copy of your CV.
PQE, years of experience and salary levels are shown purely as a guide. We will consider applications from candidates that can demonstrate the skills or experience required for this role.