A fantastic opportunity has arisen in a Legal 500 firm based in Sheffield.
This health & care fee earner position will be based in the branch office of Sheffield, with another office in Leeds.
The successful candidate will work as part of the Heath and Care Team where they will provide health and care legal advice and a representation service to trust clients and deputyship clients and also to members of the public.
The firm is looking for someone for the health & care fee earner position who has had substantial casework experience in either:
- A legal environment working on behalf of and dealing directly with individual members of the public
- A legal social care casework experience within a local authority legal department
- A private practice advising health and social services authorities and/or private health and social care organisations.
The firm is also looking for an individual who has substantial experience in resolving complex disputes in a legal context and experience of working with a vulnerable client group or knowledge of such groups.
There are several desirable criteria, however, candidates should not be discouraged from applying if they do not meet this:
- Preferably solicitor, barrister or CILEX with rights of audience (experienced paralegals might also be considered provided substantial experience in either dispute resolution and/or catastrophic/serious injury)
- Interest in alternative dispute resolution and/or knowledge of the principles of public law
- Relevant and current knowledge of one or more of the following areas: health and social services law, NHS continuing care appeals, mental capacity law, mental health law or education law
- Experience of conducting cases in the Court of Protection, ability to advocate before a form of legal body e.g a court of tribunal or experience of conducting high value personal injury work
- Proven experience of practice development, public speaking or delivering training.
For more information about this health & care fee earner role, please contact Sacha Jonas or email with an updated CV. 0113 254 9296.
For more information about this role and to apply, please contact Sacha Jonas at G2 Legal on 0113 254 9296 or forward an up to date copy of your CV.
PQE, years of experience and salary levels are shown purely as a guide. We will consider applications from candidates that can demonstrate the skills or experience required for this role.