An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced legal billing assistant to join a leading law firm in Manchester city centre.
You will be required to have previous billing experience within a law firm and previous experience of Elite finance systems would be advantageous.
As a legal billing assistant, you will be responsible for processing all bills for the team in Manchester, liaising with the firm’s central finance function to ensure that all bills are logged on the firm's central finance system and issuing to clients in a timely manner.
- Complex client billing
- Creating invoice narratives in line with billing protocols
- Split bill invoicing
- Supporting the secretarial teams with monthly billing at key times of the calendar month
- Assisting with reducing debt for the department, liaising with the fee earner and credit control team
- Liaison with revenue controller and financial team
- Liaising with clients on invoice queries
- Access cash management for fee earners
- Collating disbursements for invoices
- Exception rate updates
- Review client account balances and dormant balances
- Picking up ad hoc tasks when secretaries are absent
- Producing monthly WIP reports for meetings with fee earners
- Ensuring all ROIs are completed
- Assisting with the tracking of PO numbers
- Client reporting and tracking
- Ad hoc queries including problem solving on invoicing.
For more information about this role and to apply, please contact Gemma Taylor at G2 Legal on 0161 207 2000 or forward an up to date copy of your CV.
PQE, years of experience and salary levels are shown purely as a guide. We will consider applications from candidates that can demonstrate the skills or experience required for this role.