A new opportunity has arisen for an experienced legal research analyst to join an award winning top tier law firm in Liverpool city centre. You will be required to have experience of delivering a broad range of customised research and analysis to meet the needs of internal clients.
As legal research analyst, you will be actively communicating with internal clients across the organisation to develop a deep understanding of the business to deliver decision-ready information.
You must have extensive knowledge of information systems and external research databases and be able to utilise and analyse the resulting information to provide customised information and reports on clients, sectors and other topics.
Although based in Liverpool, occasional travel to the London office will be required as part of this role.
Research and Analysis
- Responsible for the day-to-day delivery of research within the KBIC team working collaboratively with team members to manage the enquiry workflow, ensuring work is delivered to deadline, accurate, tailored to the enquiry and has a consistent approach
- Provide detailed and tailored analysis and information summaries on clients, sectors, geographies and topics. This will include competitor analysis and providing company profiles for pitches and existing clients
- Provide proactive analysis and trend reporting to help identify and exploit opportunities
- Identify and draw out key actionable insights from research and write client SWOT analysis
- Act as a trusted adviser to the business building relationships with key stakeholders/internal clients
- Liaise with and actively question internal clients to ascertain information requirements and agree on deadlines, maintaining and updating team workflow records to reflect the current status
- Utilise and promote internal data, subscription databases and publicly available sources for research and analysis and for the benefit of the business
- Deliver information in the appropriate format and application, creating and adapting templates as appropriate
- Proactively follow up with internal clients to obtain feedback, build relationships and help shape future work, sharing outcomes with wider KBI team
- Active participant in internal meetings such as pitch briefings.
- Assist the Business Intelligence Manager and Head of KBI with raising the profile and building a strong reputation of the team in the business
- Take a lead role in promoting and utilising Business Intelligence skills and resources
- Provide guidance to others conducting basic research in the business
- Promote, advise and assist with legal and business current awareness to support the legal practices, clients and the firm's strategy, suggesting appropriate alerts and curating searches
- Provide legal research and resource recommendations to fee earners including case law, legislation and points of law enquires
- Create and deliver bespoke presentations and/or training on research offering and relevant knowledge and information resources to existing staff and new starters face to face and remotely
- Proactively extract maximum value from internal and external resources
- Continually assess information resources to ensure they are providing value to the business
- Ensure requests are resourced appropriately within the team
- Hold an active role in ad hoc projects which may include information subscription evaluations and migrations and promotion of new online services
- Any other duties as reasonably expected which are in keeping with the skill and seniority as displayed by the role holder.
G2 Legal is a legal recruitment company recruiting in Merseyside. Visit our website for more jobs or contact Gemma Taylor on 0161 207 2000 today.
For more information about this role and to apply, please contact Gemma Taylor at G2 Legal on 0161 207 2000 or forward an up to date copy of your CV.