An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced assistant accountant to join a well respected leading international full-service law firm in Liverpool city centre. You will be reporting to the financial controllers, under the direct supervision of the financial accountant.
This Liverpool based firm is offering a competitive salary and excellent benefits package.
This role is responsible for providing regular information to the stakeholders across the firm and providing analysis thereon. In addition, this assistant accountant role will support the review of special rates across the firm and assist in identifying barriers to profitability.
- Assisting with the preparation of the monthly management accounts and month end reporting (including monthly fee earner time statistics)
- Assisting with the preparation of the annual budget and reforecast by providing and preparing necessary reports and templates
- Providing ongoing accounting support to the International Finance Manager
- Calculation and implementation of annual charge out rate changes and uploading and reviewing fee earner targets within Aderant
- Assisting with the management of all special rates within Aderant, ensuring these are reviewed on an annual basis
- Dealing with ad hoc reporting on fees/debtors/WIP/time in Aderant back office, portal and SQL
- Production of all nominal bills and reconciliation of sundry debtors and intercompany accounts
- Assisting with the preparation and posting of standard journals for accruals and prepayments
- Monthly review of fixed assets and capital expenditure and preparation of depreciation calculations
- Preparation of the EC Sales List and timely submission to HMRC
- Assisting with general ledger and automated reporting management including opening new nominal accounts and ensuring appropriate mapping of new account
- Supporting the financial accountant to manage the balance sheet including performing monthly reconciliations and quarterly balance sheet reviews
- Assisting the financial accountant with providing comprehensive responses to our auditors
- Flexibility to provide support for finance projects as they arise.
We are constantly recruiting for positions like Assistant Accountant. Visit our website to see them or call 0161 207 2000 and talk to Gemma Taylor to register with us.
For more information about this role and to apply, please contact Gemma Taylor at G2 Legal on 0161 207 2000 or forward an up to date copy of your CV.