A rare opportunity has arisen for an experienced business development executive to join a well respected top 50, full-service commercial law firm in its Manchester city centre office.
You will be working with the business development manager and partners to assist in the delivery of a coordinated approach to lead generation and new revenue creation.
As legal business development executive, you will also be working as an effective member of the team to raise the profile and develop new business for the firm and contribute to the coordination and delivery of business development processes.
Duties for this Manchester based legal business development executive role will include:
- Support the Business Development Team in general business development activity where necessary, for example preparing for and supporting events, pitches and meetings etc.
- Support Business Development Team in account management activity, wherever necessary, for example attending meetings with the BDM, recording minutes etc.
- Undertake desk-based research in identifying new lead opportunities and potential clients, carrying out background research. Experience of MINT or similar research tools would be useful.
- Working knowledge of a CRM system or MS office system and maintaining CRM pipeline records.
- Building relationships with work referrers in the local market place; including attending local networking events to represent the firm.
- Managing events ran by the office (in house seminars, networking events, etc.), including the preparation of invitations, managing delegate lists, ‘meeting and greeting’ and ensuring follow up is undertaken.
- Researching local industry events for lawyers to attend and managing bookings.
- General administrative and ad hoc tasks supporting BD activity.
- Attending meetings with internal sector focus groups to plan business development activities for that sector.
- Taking an active role to ensure that action plans are achieved and followed up.
- When appropriate, attend new business meetings with BD manager/partners/directors.
- Undertake follow-up to networking and BD activity to generate appropriate meetings with clients, active targets and intermediaries.
- Support the BD manager and partners in the creation and maintenance of prospect and target pipelines.
- Take an active role in our regional ‘future leaders’ programme including holding/chairing meetings with the teams, running events, ensuring follow up is undertaken.
- Preparing and creating marketing material, including mini-pitch documents for the regional office.
For more information about this role and to apply, please contact Gemma Taylor at G2 Legal on 0161 207 2000 or forward an up to date copy of your CV.