This top 50 law firm based in Birmingham city centre is now looking for a litigation paralegal to join their defendant insurance department on a full time, permanent basis.
You will join the firm's litigation and dispute resolution group that have long-standing experience working with some of the most successful and influential businesses in the UK and on an international scale. The firm's defendant insurance team represent a variety of blue-chip clients, insurers and intermediaries advising in all matters of contention.
Your key duties in this litigation paralegal role will include:
- Assisting the head of the team and, where necessary, other senior members to produce high-quality legal services to clients on a broad range of defendant insurance work
- Dealing with clients and third parties in a professional manner, maintaining close and regular contact, as required
- Assisting with monthly billing, all client specific billing and other related financial administration
- Dealing with all forms of liability, injury and motor claims
- Supporting and assisting the head of department and other senior fee earners in the delivery of service level agreements
- Carrying out legal research in relation to liability disputes, case law and technical areas of insurance law
- Assisting with promotional and business development activity, as required
- Maintaining good file management, including electronic and paper storage, archiving and filing
- Taking telephone calls, handling queries and enquiries, where appropriate
- Photocopying, scanning and collating documentation
- Opening and closing files, as required
- Carrying out legal research, as required
- Overseeing and managing the management information requirements for a key client
In order to be considered for this opportunity, you must have a minimum of 2 years experience dealing with small and fast track motor liability claims, as well as the ability to run a caseload in such claims, have a sound knowledge of defending credit hire claims and previous experience using a case management system.
If this litigation paralegal role based in Birmingham sounds of interest please click the apply now button.
For more information about this role and to apply, please contact Rhys Ravenscroft at G2 Legal on 0121 609 1069 or forward an up to date copy of your CV.