A highly-regarded, Legal 500 and Top 200 firm is looking for an operations assistant to join their offices in Spalding on a part-time basis. Your working hours would be 12pm-6pm Monday to Thursday and 12pm-5:30pm on Friday.
As an operations assistant, you will be responsible for ensuring the office runs smoothly day to day. This will involve operational administration, reception/switchboard cover and facilities/health and safety management.
The successful operations assistant will join a busy team of five based in the firm's Spalding office. You will attend to both internal and external customers in person, over the phone and via email; organise travel and accommodation; maintain office supplies and stationery; handle incoming and outgoing mail; prepare meeting rooms; arrange catering and copy documents.
- Moving files and boxes between departments and offices
- Maintaining database in relation to archived files so as to retrieve and replace said items as requested
- Routine and regular maintenance tasks including air conditioning settings, ensuring the car park is kept safe for staff and visitors, monitoring the temperature of zip taps, issuing door toggles and office keys and liaising with contractors
- Set up for new starters and clear down for leavers and movers
- Fire alarm checks and monthly checks for emergency lighting and fire exit doors
- Workstation risk assessments to ensure general health and safety regulations are followed
- File archiving within SOS including the destruction of archived files in accordance with the company’s file retention policy, monitoring office advance diaries, dealing with files opened in error and retrieving files from storage and subsequently returning them
- Manage the operations email inbox and respond to requests accordingly
- Arrange regular recycling in line with the firm’s green initiative
- Set up telephone conference calls, video conferences or webinar facilities.
Flexibility to provide ad hoc cover for your colleagues is essential to ensure the front of house is manned between 7:45am and 6pm.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join one of the region's leading law firms. They can offer competitive salaries and excellent benefits, including free on-site parking, personal health insurance, cycle to work scheme and life assurance.
For more information about this role and to apply, please contact Nina Gibbs at G2 Legal on 0121 609 1069 or forward an up to date copy of your CV.