A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a law costs paralegal to join a top tier international law firm based in Birmingham on a full time, permanent basis.
This an exciting time to join the firm's Costs Department where you will join a large team of experienced paralegals, solicitors and costs lawyers. The team deal with a wide range of costs related matters including catastrophic injury, claims portal/PCR, costs budgeting and recoveries.
Within this law costs paralegal role based in Birmingham, you will be responsible for your own caseload of costs matters which will include drafting points of dispute, drafting and challenging costs budgets, setting strategy and negotiating and running claims to detailed assessment.
Other key duties will include, but will not be limited to:
- Handling a varied caseload of costs challenges or costs recoveries with appropriate levels of supervision
- Supporting more experienced lawyers in the team on more complex or larger costs cases
- Acting as a point of contact for clients, demonstrating a level of knowledge and skill commensurate with experience
- Achieving a minimum budgeted annual target of 1440 chargeable hours per year
- Handling confidential information in line with the firm's data security protocols.
In order to be considered for this position, you must have previous experience working within a similar role, have a firm understanding and interest in costs related work, be a confident negotiator and communicator, be willing to go the extra mile for your clients and have a flexible approach to your work. You must also have the ability to work under pressure.
If this law costs paralegal role based in Birmingham sounds of interest to you, please click the apply now button.
For more information about this role and to apply, please contact Rhys Ravenscroft at G2 Legal on 0121 609 1069 or forward an up to date copy of your CV.