An experienced C# Developer is required to join a South Manchester award-winning law firm. You will be working on a number of exciting new AI projects. You must be a self-starter with a strong skill set in integrations, web services (Web API and REST), aspx, and SQL, coupled with excellent interpersonal skills.
The firm is offering a competitive salary banding plus a performance related bonus.
You will be required to have at least 4 year's experience. You will be responsible for the technical design, development, testing and maintenance of the firm’s web, integration, and database solutions. You will also perform as a solutions architect during the technical design stage of projects, and as a lead developer on key projects, where required. You will help mentor and support other developers in the team, delivering technical solutions using agile software development methodology to agreed requirements and timeframes.
- Supporting the Software and Innovation Manager in the delivery of the businesses software and innovation roadmap and key business projects
- Performing as the lead developer where necessary to ensure that projects are delivered within agreed timeframes
- Performing as a solution architect on key developments to ensure technical debt is minimised and solutions are scalable and secure
- Helping define and enforce development standards across the team for web, integrations and databases, ensuring that software is developed to the highest possible standards
- Assisting with mentoring and the technical development of developers within the team, ensuring that there is appropriate knowledge sharing
- Ensuring detailed test plans are in place and are followed
- Being responsible for maintenance ensuring that web, integrations and database solutions are regularly health checked and issues identified, developing automation and alerts where necessary
- Maintaining source control systems (Bitbucket) and ensures developers are following the team’s procedure for checking in and versioning solutions
- Ensuring adequate monitoring and logging is applied to all solutions
- Maintaining and utilising the software developments technical project tools including JIRA, to ensure the team is operating effectively and projects are documented
- Ensuring detailed technical documentation for solutions is created and maintained
- Overseeing support requests relating to the integrations team in Zendesk, ensuring that tickets are dealt with promptly, resolutions are well documented and recurring tickets are minimised
- Identifying where upgrades and updates are required, and maintaining a well-documented plan for ensuring they are conducted in a timely manner
- Issue tracking is well defined and documented so recurring issues can be identified and mitigated
- Being an active participant in the firm’s monthly security meetings, responsible for reviewing items on the department's risk register and coordinating remedial actions
- Identifying inefficiencies and reporting to the Software and Innovation Manager where applicable, and logging security or technical issues on the departments risk register, and incident logs as required
- Providing recommendations to the Software and Innovation Manager, on latest technologies and software development trends
For more information on this exciting C# Developer role in South Manchester, please contact Gemma Taylor. 0161 207 2000.
For more information about this role and to apply, please contact Gemma Taylor at G2 Legal on 0161 207 2000 or forward an up to date copy of your CV.