Defendant Costs Negotiator.
An experienced Defendant Costs Negotiator is required to join a well established and respected law firm based in Birkenhead. You will be working alongside the firms Defendant department reviewing and negotiating Claimants Costs, predominantly RTA.
As a Defendant Costs Negotiator, you will be required to have working knowledge of claims and the costs process on the defendant side. You will be negotiating on bills and schedules served, preparing points of dispute, liaising with both internal and external Draftsman, and an element of administration work.
The firm, based in Birkenhead, can offer long term progression prospects, a friendly working environment and a great benefits package including flexitime, free car parking, training and development, death in service and medi-cash.
You will be responsible for -
- Manage a caseload of RTA costs Defence cases.
- Ensure that the quality of work produced is to the highest standard.
- Reviewing cost schedules/bills with a view to negotiating Claimants Costs and settling costs files
- Negotiating settlement of costs for defendant cost matters to protect the interests of our insurer client.
- Handling MOJ conduct matters and areas of dispute against Claimant Solicitors & Cost Draftsman.
- Preparing any relevant Points of Dispute.
- Dealing with Detailed Assessment proceedings.
- Dealing with third party Solicitors and Insurers on a day to day basis over the phone, email and letter.
- Maintaining the highest client care standards.
- Administrative duties within the department.
- Arranging and preparing Bills for work done to the insurers, once costs have been agreed.
For more information of this Defendant Law Costs Negotiator, based in Birkenhead, please contact Jaye Haynes on 0161 207 2000.
For more information about this role and to apply, please contact Jaye Haynes at G2 Legal on 0161 207 2000 or forward an up to date copy of your CV.