Pensions & Employment Solicitor.
Our client is a highly-regarded commercial law firm based in the Thames Valley regions. Pensions law is one of the core practice areas of the firm. The team predominately advise trustees of Defined Benefit or Hybrid schemes, and some Defined Contribution arrangements. The team also advise employers, insolvency practitioners, and individuals.
Main duties and responsibilities in this Pensions & Employment Solicitor role include:
• Delivering practical pensions advice and plain English technical analysis to trustees and sponsoring employers on all aspects of pensions law, including group re-organisations and mergers (along with clearance applications), scheme design and benefit changes, scheme closure, liability reduction exercises, and general Pensions & Finance Acts matters
• Advising on contentious pensions matters, including professional negligence claims, rectification applications and disputes between trustees and sponsoring employers
• Advising distressed employers, or trustees in situations where there are distressed employers
• Developing an understanding of corporate objectives
• Drafting scheme documentation including amending, consolidating, and updating scheme governing documentation
• Keeping up to date with changes in pensions law, and preparing/delivering updates for both clients and the team internally
• Dealing with accounts processes, including time recording and billing. Ensuring that all deadlines are met, including the prompt actioning of all client instructions
• Involvement in business development initiatives
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and deliver excellent service to clients/colleagues. Candidates should have a good eye for detail and be able to work under time constraints and prioritise work load. Great communication skills are a must. The successful Pensions & Employment Solicitor will have NQ-5 years’ PQE, as well as experience of pensions law.
The firm will offer a competitive salary, depending on your experience and skills, along with 25 days annual holiday.
Excellent benefits package available from day one: contributory pension, life insurance, income protection insurance, childcare voucher salary sacrifice, cycle to work scheme, and an employee assistance programme.
To apply for this Pensions & Employment Solicitor role, please contact Gayle Woolf at G2 Legal. 01273 289000.
For more information about this role and to apply, please contact Gayle Woolf at G2 Legal on 01273 289000 or forward an up to date copy of your CV.