This highly regarded Plymouth based law firm are recruiting for a senior solicitor to join their Management team.
This position could be offered at Associate level, and will report into the Managing Partner.
To apply for this position, you should have ideally worked within a similar position in another law firm, handling compliance matters at a senior level. You should also ideally have at least 4-5 years' PQE as a solicitor.
You will have the knowledge and ability to run the compliance function for the firm across all practice areas and will have knowledge and understanding of the SRA’s Code of Conduct. You will be able to create and amend policies, and make policy decisions by assessing risk and applying common sense.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Dealing with conflict of interest issues, updating policies, and delivering training
- Dealing with AML enquiries, updating policies, and delivering training whilst liaising with the firm’s appointed MLRO
- Handling GDPR requests, updating policies, and delivering training
- Providing advice on internal audits, i.e. paper light and clear desk
- Dealing with renewals and audits for various panel applications
- Handling LEXCEL applications, renewals, and audits
- Managing a team to include a Compliance Paralegal, and the Onboarding Team
Unusual vacancy to continue working in a law firm environment and take responsibility for all their compliance needs.
Salary upwards of £35k plus excellent benefits including 25 days of holiday and central Plymouth office suite.
Click on apply now to send your CV through, or call Paul Norman for more information. 01179 000 888.
For more information about this role and to apply, please contact Paul Norman at G2 Legal on 0117 9000 888 or forward an up to date copy of your CV.