A rare opportunity has arisen for an experienced Costs Manager to join a well-established law firm based in Macclesfield. As the Costs Manager, you will play an integral role within the firm working directly with the Head of Large Loss where you will be assisting the HOD to achieve budget for the costs department.
You will be responsible for all aspects of the costs department and will be working within the large loss/serious injury department as well as providing ongoing support and training to the Macclesfield team. Your role will consist of:
- Preparing a monthly case by case forecast of profit costs for the HOD and the Group FD. This will also show the status of all cases, as well as when they went out for costing etc.
- Monitoring/tracking the progress of cases in the department for the HOD and updating him regularly on the findings and of any issues for his further review
- Chasing up our outstanding costs, and feeding back to the relevant Fee Earner on cost chasing progress
- Reducing our use of external cost companies. Our target saving for this is a minimum of £50k per annum
- Reviewing the use of external cost companies, and ensuring that they all work for us as efficiently as possible, if and when used
- Working with the Operations Manager to maximise our use of Proclaim to develop costs reports and budgets on the case
- Liaising with the FD and Operations Manager on the draft annual budget for the department as required
In return, you can expect to receive a highly competitive salary and benefits package from bonus scheme, birthday day off, death in service, and pension.
If you would like to work as a Costs Manager for a well-established, forward-thinking law firm please follow the online process.
For more information about this role and to apply, please contact Jaye Haynes at G2 Legal on 0161 207 2000 or forward an up to date copy of your CV.