Trade Mark Paralegal.
Our client is renowned as a leading law firm in the field of trademark and design law working across all business sectors with a wide variety of household name clients.
An opportunity now exists for a Trade Mark Paralegal to join the paralegal team in the new Liverpool office in the heart of the city. You will play a key part of the core team providing assistance to trade mark attorneys, associates, senior counsel and partners across a broad stretch of client trade mark portfolios. You will also have the opportunity to play a part in pitches for new work into the team.
The roles involves, but is not inclusive:
- Preparing schedules of case/portfolio status reports and maintaining action lists, including attending client calls to note new actions
- Conducting basic trade mark searches, e.g. proprietor searches to establish ownership or otherwise to verify status of registrations
- Assisting with the review of trade mark search reports and watch notices with supervision from/oversight of fee earners
- Assisting with the coordination of instructing, gathering in and assimilating into one report the trade mark search reports from foreign associates
- Assisting with the gathering of evidence, in particular online, for submission in opposition or prosecution matters
- Undertaking online checks into the use by third parties of trade marks and instructing investigators to do further checks
- Assisting with the preparation of cost estimates, cost planning and the day-to-day project management of international filing or recordal projects
- Liaising with foreign associates in relation to basic prosecution matters
- Assisting with research to support pitches or presentations
- Assisting with the preparation of schedules to accompany invoices and with queries raised by clients about invoices and disbursements relating to their trade mark portfolios.
You will have already gained experience in a trade mark role either in private practice or in-house. You may have worked in an in-house trade mark department of a brand owning company. Ideally, you will also have had client contact in your role to date.
This trade mark paralegal role offers you the opportunity to expand upon your specialist experience with a leading trade mark law firm, both domestically and internationally. Based in the new Liverpool office, this is a unique role in the North West legal market.
Excellent salary and benefits package on offer.
For more information about this role and to apply, please contact Rachel Darlington at G2 Legal on 0161 414 1100 or forward an up to date copy of your CV.