My client is a top tier full service national law firm. Through recent expansion, the HR team are now looking for a talented HR Advisor to join them in there Manchester city centre office on a fixed term contract.
The role will have a specific focus in the Manchester office, however you will be required to travel to the Leeds office during the working week. This is a full generalist role, covering everything from supporting Partners and Managers in full cycle recruitment of all roles based in Manchester and Leeds, keeping up to date with Employment Legislation, and ad hoc projects to look at the firms' growth and future plans.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Acting as an ambassador for the business, the role will involve working on your own initiative and being pro-active in the day to day management of all employees.
- Build effective relationships with Partners and Managers in order to understand priorities and objectives relating to employee recruitment and performance
- Liaising and negotiating Terms & Conditions with Recruitment Agents
- Conduct 6 week reviews for new starters
- Support Partners and Managers with all employee relations matters, performance management cases and where necessary effectively plan and conduct disciplinary meetings
- Drafting of emails and letters using own initiative and keeping filing up to date
- Assisting colleagues with general admin as and when required, covering for periods of absence
- Assist with assessment days when necessary
- Attending Law Fairs as and when required
- Knowledge, implementation and maintenance of company-wide HR policies and procedures
- Gain full working knowledge of HR System
- Communicate effectively at all levels with internal and external clients
- Supporting the partnership business plan and complying with any reasonable task requested by the partnership
- Maintain confidentiality at all times
You will be working in a busy but very relaxed and friendly HR team. Ideal candidates will be CIPD qualified (or at least part qualified) and have at least two years' experience within the HR team at either a commercial law firm or similar professional services environment.
You can expect a competitive salary, alongside excellent company benefits. If you can offer a generalist HR background within the legal sector in Manchester and you are seeking a HR role that offers a great deal of variety, this could be an ideal opportunity for you.
For more information on this Manchester based role please contact Jaye Haynes @ G2 Legal. 0161 207 2000.
For more information about this role and to apply, please contact Jaye Haynes at G2 Legal on 0161 207 2000 or forward an up to date copy of your CV.