Wet-Shipping Solicitor/Claims Handler (P&I).
A forward-looking, London-based P&I Club seeking to hire a UK qualified Wet-shipping Insurance Solicitor with at least 3 years' PQE, to join its friendly and busy team.
Reporting into the manager of the team, this role will focus on effective handling of multi-jurisdictional claims, supporting members and brokers with active claims and issues.
This busy role will typically involve:
- Autonomous carriage of own claim files
- Maintenance of files, in line with current procedures manual
- Notify in writing large claims to Directors, Managers and Underwriter
- Reporting to and assisting loss prevention department, managers and underwriter on claims trends or problem vessels
- Preparation of reports, including agenda notes, notifications to reinsurers, etc
- Sharing knowledge across the team and department
- Participation in and contribution to training and development
- Working closely with Underwriters to spot business, attract business and retain business
This exciting and unique opportunity requires a UK-qualified Solicitor with at least 3 years' PQE, and a good grounding, understanding and application of wet-shipping law. You should be excellent at managing your own caseload without supervision, be a fluent communicator, and able to maintain accurate notes. This role is very visible, internally and externally, and requires a professional and proactive approach.
In return, you will be assured of excellent quality work, a friendly, fun and challenging working environment, and attractive benefits.
To register your interest in this Wet-shipping Insurance Claims Solicitor role based in London, please apply now.
For more information about this role and to apply, please contact Catherine Geer at G2 Legal on 0207 649 9298 or forward an up to date copy of your CV.