One of the top international law firms in Manchester is currently looking for a Legal Assistant to join the Volume Motor department assisting the team with the day to day running of the files. You will be required to have acumen, initiative, strong communication, team work and organisational skills. You will be working in an impressive law firm which offers the best working conditions where you can expect progression into paralegal positions. If you are an LLB/LPC graduate with legal administration experience this would be a great step in your legal career. However, if you are without a law degree but have experience in legal administration with good academics you will also be considered.
- Booking Counsel
- Briefing Counsel
- Chasing Court orders
- Advising client of hearings in line with SLA
- Running settlement and completing MI/requesting cheques
- Chasing fee notes
- Making payments into court
- Putting CRU certificates on the case management system
- Chasing cost schedules
- Chasing loss of earnings evidence or other specials once fee earners have completed reviews
- Chasing hearing dates and chasing to see if matters have been relisted
- Chasing updates on stayed files
- Chasing stage 2 packs
- Check and chase payments from clients and escalate them accordingly.
- Chasing Courts to see if they are issuing directions, amending orders etc.
- Chasing the costs department for updates
- Ringing counsel for outcomes of hearings
- Paper filing of documents
- Creating new files
- Archiving of files
- General administration
For more information of this appealing Legal Administration Assistant role in Manchester please contact Gemma Taylor. 0161 207 2000.
For more information about this role and to apply, please contact Gemma Taylor at G2 Legal on 0161 207 2000 or forward an up to date copy of your CV.