Paralegal Support Manager.
OUR CLIENT - Taylor Wessing. G2 Legal is exclusively retained by Taylor Wessing to fulfil all its recruitment requirements for the new Taylor Wessing Liverpool office.
Taylor Wessing is a leading international, full service law firm working with clients in the world’s most dynamic and expanding markets. With 32 offices in 19 countries globally, they have now expanded into Liverpool with a vision for long-term commitment in the UK to complement their London offering. The move will allow Taylor Wessing to deliver a best value service for its clients, utilising resources locally, whilst continuing to invest in, attract and retain quality talent in Liverpool.
Liverpool is a vibrant city, and the ethos of Taylor Wessing to provide an environment that enables creativity to thrive combines the two cultures brilliantly.
THE ROLE – Paralegal Support Manager
THE BRIEF – On behalf of Taylor Wessing, G2 Legal are exclusively seeking an experienced Paralegal Support Manager to manage the Liverpool team of generalist paralegals and work alongside our partners, associates, PSLs, trainees and legal support teams. Paralegals form a core part of Taylor Wessing’s legal support teams, and they are looking for a confident and influential Manager who can drive awareness and build a cohesive team to support the business with the delivery of core paralegal tasks. This role will suit candidates with excellent attention to detail, strong organisational skills and a proven track record of innovative delivery. This role reports to the Head of Legal Support.
Trusted Advisor – Strengthens the Firm
- Supporting the set-up of the new paralegal team and agreeing new work processes
- Liaising with partners, associates and paralegal users to define roles and requirements of paralegal resource
- Being a proactive member of the Legal Support Group to establish best practice and challenge to ensure correct tasks are delivered by the correct team
- Closely monitoring the capacity of the paralegal team and deploying resource as required to assist with requests from practice areas
- Induction of paralegals and co-ordination of on-boarding process
- Build relationships with partners, associates and others to understand future pipeline of work and understanding resourcing and skill requirements
- Liaising with the Talent team and PSLs to ensure relevant training and updates are delivered to the paralegal team
- Liaising with Legal Support teams and ensuring the paralegal team are well integrated and understand the administrative support available
Leader – Supports the Team
- Supporting with any relevant hiring within the paralegal team and supporting and driving the on-boarding process
- Monitoring the performance and utilisation of the paralegal team, carrying out regular one to one catch up meetings, team meetings and conducting annual reviews
- Coaching and guiding the team; providing appropriate training and support
- Ensuring paralegals within the team record time accurately in line with the firm's policies
- General line management duties for the team
- Supervision and monitoring of the work product of the paralegals and ensuring SLAs are met
Entrepreneur – Team Management Support
- Reporting on workload and work types and promoting technology and AI to increase efficiency and effectiveness of the team
- Developing and agreeing new work processes with the team
- Coordinating and managing the resource to the extent the partner teams require support
Competencies, skills and Knowledge
- Strong people management skills and the ability to effectively plan and manage resource requirements
- An appreciation of how a variety of legal support teams can best assist the effective running of practice areas across the firm
- Project management and planning skills with an ability to review and map out processes, identify and implement positive change
- The role requires an individual who is both methodical and logical in their approach to work and can demonstrate good organisational skills and attention to detail
- The individual must be able to demonstrate that they have the confidence to work for a variety of levels across the firm (Partners, associates and support teams)
- Highly proficient in Word, Excel and Adobe Acrobat with a good working knowledge of Powerpoint
- Experience of document management systems and Outlook
G2 Legal is retained exclusively for the recruitment of this role and all other vacancies at Taylor Wessing in Liverpool. All third-party CVs will not be considered by Taylor Wessing and should be sent directly to Gemma Taylor at G2 Legal. 0161 207 2000.
For more information about this role and to apply, please contact Gemma Taylor & Rachel Darlington at G2 Legal on 0161 207 2000 or forward an up to date copy of your CV.