OUR CLIENT - Taylor Wessing. G2 Legal is exclusively retained by Taylor Wessing to fulfil all its recruitment requirements for new Taylor Wessing Liverpool office.
Taylor Wessing is a leading international, full service law firm working with clients in the world’s most dynamic and expanding markets. With 32 offices in 19 countries globally, they have now expanded into Liverpool with a vision for long-term reinvention in the UK. The move will allow Taylor Wessing to deliver a best value service for its clients, utilising resources locally, whilst continuing to invest in, attract and retain quality talent. Liverpool is a vibrant city and the ethos of Taylor Wessing to provide an environment that enables creativity to thrive combines the two cultures brilliantly.
THE ROLE – Senior Risk and Compliance Analyst
THE BRIEF – On behalf of Taylor Wessing, G2 Legal is searching for a Senior Risk and Compliance Analyst to work as part of the new Business Acceptance Team in Liverpool.
The Senior Risk and Compliance Analyst will be working to support the Business Acceptance Manager and the wider Business Acceptance Team in all aspects of new client and matter intake and act as a point of escalation within the team. The role will additionally involve driving the team's strategic business intake/sector focus initiatives, ad hoc project delivery and client service excellence under the supervision of the Business Acceptance Manager.
- Undertaking all aspects of new business intake, including the conduct of client due diligence and conflict analysis.
- Acting as an escalation point for other team members in relation to client due diligence issues and conflicts of interest, always ensuring that a suitable risk-based approach is taken and escalating upwards where appropriate.
- Identifying, documenting and promoting team best practice in order to support the team's efforts to standardise processes and approaches.
- Under the supervision of the Senior Risk Manager and Business Acceptance Manager, driving the design, development and delivery of a strategic business intake project which aligns the team with the practice and TW's core sectors.
- Demonstrating particular subject matter expertise in managing and resolving potential conflicts of interest within the firm and sharing that intelligence across the team.
- Working with the Business Acceptance Manager and other senior members of the team to monitor and encourage the ongoing delivery of client service excellence.
- Working with the Business Acceptance Manager to identify and pursue opportunities for the team to usefully collaborate with other Business Service groups in support of a "one team" approach.
- Contributing to discussions around potential process or systems enhancements and technology innovations which could deliver efficiencies for the team or service enhancements for the business.
- Contributing to and leading on the delivery of ad hoc projects and initiatives under the supervision of the Senior Risk Manager and Business Acceptance Manager.
At least two years' experience conducting client due diligence ("CDD") and conflicts analysis within an international law firm or equivalent setting. Such experience must have involved independently reaching conflicts decisions and confidently applying a risk-based approach when conducting CDD.
G2 Legal are retained exclusively for the recruitment of this role and all other vacancies at Taylor Wessing in Liverpool. All third party CVs will not be considered by Taylor Wessing and should be sent directly to Gemma Taylor at G2 Legal. 0161 207 2000.
For more information about this role and to apply, please contact Gemma Taylor at G2 Legal on 0161 207 2000 or forward an up to date copy of your CV.