Intellectual Property Legal Secretary.
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Intellectual Property Secretary to join a Manchester City Centre based Patent & Trademark Attorneys. The firm have a fantastic reputation within the industry, a great staff retention and offer a competitive salary banding plus benefits. This role would suit someone coming from an Intellectual property background or an experienced Legal Secretary who has an intrest in IP.
You must have experience of working to strict deadlines, supporting at senior level and preparation of documents.
- Filing of UK, EP and International patent applications; UK, Community and International Trade Mark applications and; UK, CRD’s and International Design applications
- Typing letters and patent specifications - both copy typing and digital dictation
- Managing deadlines and prioritizing work for fee earners and self
- Double checking diary deadlines
- Preparing documents and correspondence for clients and overseas contacts (with technically challenging content)
- Creation and processing of invoices
- Answering phones
- Filing supporting documentation at various patent offices
- Postal duties (in the absence of Admin Assistant)
- Communicating with fee earners , clients, foreign associates, suppliers and patent offices
- Preparing order letters for foreign applications
- Co-coordinating paperwork associated with PCT national phase filings including opening of records
- Instructing and coordinating EP validations including opening of records
- UK validations where we have not filed the European case
- Dealing with applicant and inventor changes in all territories
- Attending to Rule 71(3) grant procedures, including obtaining claims, translations and payment of official fees
- Collaborate with FEs and take ownership of case-related tasks together ensuring all tasks due are dealt with before close of business
- Review and action incoming post and emails received from Formalities the same day as received
- Forward urgent correspondence for the attention of the FE with supporting documents as a priority
For more information about this role and to apply, please contact Gemma Taylor at G2 Legal on 0161 207 2000 or forward an up to date copy of your CV.