A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Costs Draftsperson to join a nationally renowned legal 100 firm. You will be working in there Casualty department which provides a full, expert service in defending public and employers' liability claims, particularly workplace, public sector and claims against the emergency services.
As the costs draftsman you will be dealing with a caseload and ensuring that the quality of work produced is to the highest standard. You will be able to manage and negotiate client costs and disputes.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Draft points of dispute, budgets, precedent R, and initial advice on strategy to the client and other letters and documentation.
- Ensure that the client is regularly updated as to the current situation on matters.
- Maintain time recording on client matters.
- Attend court when required.
- Ensure that care is taken to ensure good working relationships with internal colleagues and external institutions and organisations.
- Be responsible for maximising the Practice’s profitability whilst maintaining the highest client care standards.
- Adhere to the Firm’s policies.
- Ensure the confidentiality and security of all Firm and client documentation and/or information.
- Ensure that complaints are dealt with both professionally and promptly and in accordance with the Firm’s Complaints Procedure.
- Ensure that the relevant or mandatory training requirements are complied with.
You will have a least two years costs experience and have a good commercial awareness. The role will see you work predominantly on Defendant matters and previous experience gained dealing with Defendant Bills is preferable but is not essential.
You can expect every luxury and benefit available, working within modern commercial offices in the heart of the legal district in Liverpool city centre.
For more information about this role and to apply, please contact Jaye Haynes at G2 Legal on 0161 207 2000 or forward an up to date copy of your CV.