Legal Risk and Compliance Manager
OUR CLIENT - Taylor Wessing. G2 Legal is exclusively retained by Taylor Wessing to fulfil all its recruitment requirements for the new Taylor Wessing Liverpool office.
Taylor Wessing is a leading international, full service law firm working with clients in the world’s most dynamic and expanding markets. With 32 offices in 19 countries globally, they have now expanded into Liverpool with a vision for long-term commitment in the UK to complement their London offering. The move will allow Taylor Wessing to deliver a best value service for its clients, utilising resources locally, whilst continuing to invest in, attract and retain quality talent in Liverpool.
THE ROLE - Legal Risk & Compliance Manager
THE BRIEF – On behalf of Taylor Wessing, G2 Legal is searching for a Legal Risk and Compliance Manager to work as part of the new Business Acceptance Team in Liverpool.
The Legal Risk & Compliance Manager (Business Acceptance Manager) will oversee the new Business Acceptance Team in Liverpool. In this senior, you will report directly to the Director of Risk & Senior Risk Manager based in London. With overall responsibility for the Business Acceptance Team in Liverpool, you will also have the unique opportunity to provide support on other risk-related projects carried out by the London based Risk team.
- Supervising and managing the new business acceptance team including leading regular team meetings
- Providing advice to legal and legal support staff on all aspects of client and matter inception, conflicts of interest and money laundering
- Responsible for ensuring that the team's inbox is adequately monitored and handling a variety of queries related to new business
- Responsible for effective development of the team, including training, conducting performance reviews, providing learning opportunities and managing any developmental needs of the team
- Leading regular team meetings to ensure a consistent approach is being adopted by the team
- Assisting the Director of Risk and Senior Risk Manager in designing and managing various projects and initiatives
- Undertaking client due diligence, risk assessment and conflict searches as necessary in order to meet the demands of the business
- Managing the information barrier and insider list process
You will be required to have technical skills relating to Money Laundering Regulations and have strong working knowledge of Bribery and Corruption legislation along with excellent leadership skills.
G2 Legal is retained exclusively for the recruitment of this role and all other vacancies at Taylor Wessing in Liverpool. All third party CVs will not be considered by Taylor Wessing and should be sent directly to G2 Legal at email@example.com.
For more information about this role and to apply, please contact Gemma Taylor at G2 Legal on 0161 207 2000 or forward an up to date copy of your CV.