Our client has an opportunity for an Intellectual Property (IP) Associate in the London office. The successful candidate will work across all IP disciplines, with a focus in particular on transactional IP work such as brand licensing and franchising, technology licensing and distribution, IP assignments and IP support to corporate M&A transactions. As part of the full-service UK IP group, a degree of flexibility is welcomed and the successful candidate would also work on IP advisory/contentious matters (early stage enforcement, trademark oppositions, litigation's etc).
This role would suit a 2-6 year PQE Associate, however, we will consider talented individuals outside of this.
- Advising on a variety of transactional IP matters including brand licensing and franchising, technology licensing and distribution, IP assignments, IP support to corporate M&A transactions.
- Assisting on IP advisory/contentious work (e.g. analysing infringement scenarios, early stage enforcement work, trademark oppositions, some litigation etc).
- Contribute to and drive BD and marketing activities
- Coach and mentor junior members of the team
- Develop and provide thought leadership and raise the profiles of the firm externally
- Qualified IP lawyer with experience gained within a top-tier City firm
- Experience in non-contentious IP (licensing, franchising, distribution, assignment, corporate support) essential, and contentious IP highly desirable
- Strong academics and ideally qualified in English law and ideally holding the Oxford IP Diploma (or equivalent).
- Experience and passion in marketing and business development with an entrepreneurial approach
- Experience in writing articles and speaking at conferences
- Active involvement in industry groups
- Ability to work within a large global network of IP lawyers.
- Strong client facing ability.
For more information about this role and to apply, please contact Antony Setford at G2 Legal or forward an up to date copy of your CV. 0207 649 9298.
For more information about this role and to apply, please contact Antony Setford at G2 Legal on 0207 649 9298 or forward an up to date copy of your CV.