Private Client Solicitor.
Established for 30 years, our client is a growing 5 Partner private practice law firm. The firm is based in central Berkshire, and is well known in the area for providing quality legal advice to both commercial and private clients throughout the Thames Valley and beyond. The Private Client department is the largest department within the firm and is thriving, with quality and high value work being generated by the firm and its existing clients.
They are looking to appoint an experienced Private Client Solicitor to join the department and oversee the management of the current team. Ideally, you will have a minimum of 3+ years’ PQE.
You will largely be involved with a broad range of work including advising families and individuals on matters including:
- Will drafting including not only the advising on and completing of straight forward Wills, but also those including Trusts (IPDI, Disabled Person and Discretionary Trust) and advising on the tax implications of the same.
- Estate administration from start to finish, including intestate estates, and dealing with all Inheritance Tax, income tax and capital gains tax issues arising during the administration.
- Lasting Powers of Attorney and registration of Enduring Powers of Attorney.
- Court of Protection work.
- Elderly Client matters.
- Capacity Issues.
- Tax planning.
- Trust administration.
- Other professional connections including accountants, financial advisers and care agencies to provide holistic advice for the client.
The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic and friendly, have good academics, and previous people management experience.
STEP membership is a distinct advantage, as is experience of working in a busy private client department.
Salary is negotiable and dependent on experience (£38,000 - £48,000).
To apply for this Private Client Solicitor role based in central Berkshire, please contact Gayle Woolf at G2 Legal.
For more information about this role and to apply, please contact Gayle Woolf at G2 Legal on 01273 289000 or forward an up to date copy of your CV.