Residential Conveyancing Paralegal.
One of Scotland's fastest growing law firms seeks a residential conveyancing paralegal to join their team in Dundee.
The ideal candidate will have previous paralegal experience of processing house sales and purchases. The firm may also consider an excellent legal secretary who is keen to take the next step.
You must have excellent computer skills and will ideally be experienced in using a case management system. You must possess good attention to detail and be comfortable working to tight deadlines.
Duties will include:
- Receiving client instructions on properties and checking mortgage and finance
- Receiving instructions to intimate note of interest to selling solicitors, advising and
noting instructions on offer to purchase. Arranging specialist works and/or advise on
- Making formal offer to purchase to seller’s agents, advising on terms of formal
acceptance and concluding contract;
- Examining seller’s title and reporting on the extent of the property and the rights and
conditions affecting the property;
- Preparing and adjusting the drafts/title deed with the seller’s solicitor. Examining the
deeds and checking client’s position on rights and obligations in respect of the property
and the contract of sale/purchase;
- Obtaining instructions from the lender, preparing the mortgage documentation and
ensure this is signed by client. Reporting on title to the lender and requesting
drawdown of loan funds. Obtaining any balance of monies required to be paid by
If this residential conveyancing paralegal role sounds like it could be of interest, please get in touch for a confidential and no obligation discussion.
Alternatively, if this opportunity is not quite right for you, we have a strong variety of opportunities across the central belt, Dundee and Aberdeen - so please get in touch and update me as to your job search criteria.
Please contact Gary Peutherer for more details on this residential conveyancing paralegal role based in Dundee. 0131 278 0000.
For more information about this role and to apply, please contact Gary Peutherer at G2 Legal on 0131 278 0000 or forward an up to date copy of your CV.